Health disparities are costly to the entire nation. These unmanaged health conditions result in expensive and avoidable health and social complications not only to the individual and groups experiencing them, but also to all who pay taxes; those who depend on other people to accomplish tasks; and those who depend on others for their livelihood, such as children. Health disparities disrupt families, future dreams and societies.
Every dollar you donate to CEEHD will make a tangible difference in the status of health disparities at a local, state and national level. Thank you in advance for your interest in becoming a CEEHD donor and for your generous support!
Participate in an Event
The following is a listing of local and national events on the topic of health disparities that CEEHD will be hosting or attending: View Our Calendar
Volunteer to Help
There are many ways to get involved at CEEHD. Whether you are seeking volunteer or internship opportunities, looking into becoming a faculty member at the Center or making a gift to support our research and programs, we welcome your participation and support. Please click here to contact us for more information.
- National Library of Medicine Strategic Plan for Addressing Health Disparities 2004-2008
- Arctic Health NLM Division of Specialized Information Services (SIS) Diverse aspects of the arctic environment and the health of northern peoples
- NIH Summit: The Science of Eliminating Health Disparities, December 16-18, 2008 Sponsored by the NIH National Center on Minority Health and Health Disparities .
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Strategic Plan and Budget, FY 2002 – FY 2008
- National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD) Formerly, National Center on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NCMHD)
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) Office of Health Disparities
- Office of Minority Health, US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Healthy People 2020 United States’ health improvement plan.
- Health Disparities: A Case for Closing the Gap June 2009, HealthReform.gov, US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- National Healthcare Disparities Report, 2010 Published February 2011; 205 pages Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Facts on Indian Health Disparities United States Indian Health Service http://info.ihs.gov/Files/DisparitiesFacts-Jan2006.pdf
- Eliminating Racial and Ethnic Disparities American Hospital Association (AHA)
- Eliminating Health Disparities American Medical Association (AMA)
- Health Disparities Community Solutions Database American Public Health Association (APHA)
- Kaiser Health Disparities Report: A Weekly Look at Race, Ethnicity and Health Kaiser Family Foundation
- Creating Equity Reports – A Guide for Hospitals Robert Wood Johnson Foundation & The Disparities Solutions Center, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Challenges and Successes in Reducing Health Disparities: Workshop Summary (2008) National Academies Press
- Examining the Health Disparities Research Plan of the National Institutes of Health: Unfinished Business (2006) National Academies Press
- Eliminating Health Disparities: Measurement and Data Needs (2004) National Academies Press
- Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care (2003) Institute of Medicine (IOM), National Academies Press
- lHealth Disparities Collaborative Partnership between federal government, national, and state agencies
- Grant Information – US and International